Clayton McDonald, a UT alumnus, has established a scholarship to be used by students enrolled in the Language and World Business Program for study abroad. One non-renewable award will be given each year. Semester or year-long study abroad will be given priority over summer study while reviewing applications. The deadline for applications is March 1st, and the awardee will be informed by April 1st. The amount to be awarded will be $1,200.
The scholarship is open to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, or veteran status, subject to the following criteria:
1. Applicants must have been admitted to the Language and World Business Program in the Department of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures (any language).
2. Applicants must use the funds for a UT-approved (but not necessarily UT-run) study-abroad program that begins less than one year after the scholarship is granted.
3. Applicants must demonstrate successful academic performance, and the overall and language GPAs of applicants will be taken into consideration.
4. Applications must demonstrate good citizenship in the university community (as demonstrated in the resume).
- a cover letter (one page maximum), in which the applicant describes why they have chosen their particular study-abroad program and what they hope to achieve while abroad.
- a current resume
- a budget (itemizing how funds will be allocated)
- copy of study-abroad program acceptance correspondence from Programs Abroad Office (PAO)
Applicants should send their application package by March 1st as a single PDF file via email to:Dr. Lisa Y.F. Parker (email@example.com), Assistant Director of the Language and World Business Program, Department of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures, 603 McClung Tower, (865) 974-9827.