This scholarship is to be used for travel for the purpose of study abroad; typically, two awards of $500 are granted each semester. Semester study abroad is given priority over summer study. All majors in MFLL programs are eligible to apply. Deadline is April 30 for Fall semester programs, and November 15 for Spring semester programs.
Factors that will be taken in consideration for the selection process:
- Study program relevant to the student’s major
- Language GPA (minimum 3.00 in all languages)
- Overall GPA (minimum 2.70)
- Overall good citizenship in the university community (as demonstrated in resume and cover letter)
The student will submit an application including:
- a cover letter with description of program of study (1 page maximum)
- a budget (itemizing how funds will be allocated)
- a PDF of an unofficial transcript or academic history
Applicants should send their application package by April 30 (for the fall semester) and by November 15 (for the spring semester) via email to: Dr. Maria Gallmeier, firstname.lastname@example.org, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies, Department of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures. Inquiries about possible summer fund availability may be made between May 1 and May 15.