As a department, we are committed to the following actions:
- Create and sustain a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive campus climate.
- Attract and retain greater numbers of individuals from historically underrepresented populations into faculty, staff, and administrative positions.
- Attract, retain, and graduate increasing numbers of undergraduate and graduate students from historically underrepresented populations and international students.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with diverse communities in Tennessee and globally.
- Ensure that curricular requirements include significant intercultural perspectives.
- Prepare graduate students to become teachers and researchers in a diverse world.