Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures Advising
The MFLL Program uses a combination of professional advising and faculty mentorship to best meet the needs of our majors and minors. The most appropriate person for each appointment is a function of the nature of the assistance required.
(Registration clearance and degree planning)
- Starting in Fall 2020, all MFLL students (who have not previously been advised by a MFLL Faculty Advisor) are assigned Andrea Stedman as their Primary Advisor.
- MFLL students who have already been seeing a Faculty Advisor will continue to be advised by their Faculty Advisor.
- MFLL minors will also be assigned a Faculty Mentor for primary advising (or continue seeing their same MFLL minor advisor).
(Guidance on career planning, graduate school, experiential opportunities, research, study abroad, etc.)
- Students can email their Faculty Mentor for help with any of the above categories.
- Students can view their Faculty Mentor assignment on their Navigate page (on the right side of the screen)
- If students do not know who their Faculty Mentor is, they can reach out to Andrea Stedman.
- If students want to do courses for their major or minor while doing study abroad, they can discuss with their Faculty Mentor which courses they should take.
- For general education courses to take abroad, students should talk with their Primary Advisor/ Andrea Stedman.
(Transfers, Petitions, Study Abroad, SAP Appeals, Academic Probation, etc)
- All MFLL students, regardless of their primary advising assignment, can meet with Andrea Stedman for supplemental assistance with transfer work, petitions, study abroad paperwork (especially for general education), ROTC plans, financial aid documentation, academic crisis advising, etc.
MFLL students with quick questions that do not require a full appointment can direct these to Andrea Stedman’s email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails are typically returned within 2 business days.
Please read the university's advising policy to determine when you must be advised. For general information about advising and ways to prepare for your appointment, please visit the Arts & Sciences Advising website.